Temporary agencies will likely have their hands full in the next few months in the Midwest. As many workers find themselves temporarily unemployed because of the latest flooding in the Midwest, there are many workers who will be looking for employment options. Likewise, there will be clean up crews and construction teams looking for extra workers when the waters finally recede. Matching those who need work to those companies who are hiring is the main goal of temporary agencies, but it should come as no surprise that there are many staffing services who specialize in certain kinds of work settings.
From temp agencies in Texas to Nebraska, the goal is the same: to find the perfect worker for every opening. And while some companies find themselves simply looking for a few employees, other large corporations find themselves in constant need or new employees.
Temp Agencies Provide Valuable Services to Companies Both Large and Small
Whether you are new to town and need to find a job or you have been in town for years but are just looking for new opportunities, a staffing service may be the perfect solution. Often starting with an interest and skills inventory, a staffing agency understands the value in making sure that they find the right hire for any kind of position. From part time warehouse workers to salaried managers and chief officers, it is often necessary for companies that are both small and large to work with a staffing agency to streamline the application and vetting processes.
Consider some of these facts and figures about the role that temp agencies have in the success of their clients, as well as the nation’s economy:
- 93% of recruiters indicate that they look at a candidate’s social media profile.
- 57% of organizations indicate that they view employee retention as a problem.
- 86% of companies with employee recognition programs indicate that they see an increase in worker happiness.
- New hires that undergo a structured on-boarding program are 58% more likely to be with the company after three years, which is good because the costs of employee turnover range from 30% to 150% of the employee’s salary.
- 3 million temporary and contract employees work for America’s staffing companies, as well as temporary agencies during an average week.
Whether you are part of a community who is dealing with a job crisis as a result of a natural disaster or you are a company in a city that has historically low unemployment rates, there are many ways that a staffing service may help you find a solution.