Have You Ever Been a Part of a Clinical Research Study?
As doctors, scientists, and researchers work their way toward cures and solutions to a variety of health problems, it should come as no surprise that the importance of clinical studies is more valuable than ever before. One of the most researched conditions that continues to garner a lot of attention are sleep disorders and diabetes. As more and more research money becomes available, there are millions of Americans who are anxiously awaiting solutions that can help Americans get the rest that they need and to help them regulate the sugars that they eat.
From the initial steps to phase 3 clinical trials, there are many steps and procedures in place to make sure that results are carefully tabulated and recorded. With millions of dollars in research money at stake, it is important to make sure that all of these clinical research projects are completed according to the highest standards.
Phase 3 Clinical Trial Drugs Offer Hope to Many Kinds of Patients
From diabetes clinical trials to epilepsy studies, there is a vast amount of research that is going on in the country. The results from these studies will help patients today and those in the future. Consider some of these facts and figures about the clinical research process and the impact that it has on the economy of the nation:
- Five of the world’s leading 11 research and development firms in the year 2014 were pharmaceutical companies, according to the International Federation of Pharmaceutical Manufacturers and Associations.
- There are an estimated 100,000 over-the-counter drug products marketed and sold in U.S. stores, according to a 2016 report from the International Trade Association.
- There are typically four key phases in clinical trials, the first one seeks to tests the safety in human use.
- The second phase of clinical research tests the drug’s effectiveness at treating disease.
- Phase three tests large scale effectiveness and safety.
- The final and fourth stage tests the long-term safety of a new product.
If you take any medications, whether they are over the counter or prescription, you are likely enjoying the benefits of clinical research. As scientists, doctors, and researchers continue to look for more and more cures and solutions, it is no surprise that there are an increasing number of clinical trials and tests.