Six Benefits Of Using LED Lighting
Think about all the signage you see on a given day. Maybe you see food signs in your local grocery store; maybe you see advertisements on TV; maybe you see billboards on the highway while you’re driving to work.
You may not know it, but you see somewhere around 3,000 ads and promotional messages every single day. There’s a reason for it: businesses all over want your attention and advertising has proven effective.
- More than a third of people report looking at an outdoor ad each time or most of time they pass one.
- 32% of poll respondents visited a retailer they saw on a billboard later that week.
- 58% of poll respondents learned about a restaurant they later visited from a billboard they saw while in their car.
- Studies show that adding a custom sign or changing a sign can directly improve sales revenue. In fact, replacing a store font wall sign with a larger sign increases revenue by 7.7%.
- 71% of people often look at the messages on roadside billboards (both traditional and digital).
- 58% of respondents also learned about an event they were interested in attending from a billboard.
Whatever message a company has for the masses, one way to get customers’ attention is through the use of LED lighting and LED signs. As of 2019, LED lighting has penetrated more than half of the global lighting market and there are many good reasons why.
For billboards to LED signs to marquee signs for schools to street lighting, LEDs are everywhere these days. LED lighting has fast become the lighting standard in many industries. There’s a good reason why: LEDs are very easily recycled and it will likely save billions of dollars in commercial and residential lighting costs in the future.
When businesses who want to use LED lighting, the benefits are numerous:
- LED lights save energy. It’s estimated that if the US replaced at least 50% of its incandescent holiday lights, the energy savings would number in the billions. As if that wasn’t enough, residential LEDs use approximately 75% less energy and last 25 times longer than traditional incandescent lights.
- LED lights are durable. LED bulbs are not fragile or made of glass. This makes for easier installation and it means you won’t have any more light bulbs breaking on you accidently.
- LED lights are long lasting. If you didn’t know, a typical LED bulb has approximately 50,000 hours of life. That means you can install LED lights in marquee signs for schools or around your home or even in your boat and forget about them. Installing a few of these will save you time, money and eliminate a lot of lighting issues.
- The luminous efficacy of LED lights is better: A quick tutorial on luminosity– An incandescent lamp only converts about nine or 10% of the energy fed into it into light. LEDs convert nearly 100% of energy consumed into light.
- LED lights emit low heat. The typical incandescent bulb converts 90% of energy to heat with an emission of 85 btu/hour. An LED bulb converts 80% of energy to light rather than heat and emits 3.4 btu/hour.
- LED lights are eco-friendly. If you’re looking for a way to be more eco-friendly at home, LED lights are the way to go. They save energy and are more efficient.
When it comes to needing lights for marquee signs for schools, LED lights can help. Marquee signs are a great way for schools to get out important announcements to both students and parents about school closings, conference nights and other important dates on the school calendar. As an added bonus, LED lights in marquee signs for schools will ensure that the sign is up and running all the time, no matter the weather or any other conditions.
Simply put, LEDs are the environmentally safe, long lasting and are easily controlled option that all businesses should be using for their lighting needs. Marquee signs for schools are a great way to use of LED lights and can also add a special something to a church marquee or a store front that will draw the attention of people who passby.