Could an Upgrade in Fire Prevention Technology Keep Your Workers Even Safer?
It is the quiet before the storm. As cities like Omaha, Nebraska, prepare for large events like the College World Series, it should come as not surprise that many details are being fixed. From updating the soon to be crowded restaurants in the city to making sure that area hotels are ready for reservations that will fill them to capacity, many hours go into making sure that everything is as safe and welcoming to the visitors who will fill the downtown streets of the Big O!
In preparing for a wildly popular yearly event like the College World Series, it should come as no surprise that extra attention is paid to the most important safety measures like fire alarm systems.
Required by law to perform routine inspections, public locations like hotels and baseball stadiums pay constant attention to fire alarm systems, even when the big event of the year is still a few weeks ahead.
Fire Alarm Inspection Services Help Employers Provide Safe Workplaces for Both Customers and Workers
Fire alarm installations and fire alarm repairs are essential to the safety of people across the country. In fact, no building that services the public is free from the regulations that monitor the fire alarms and sprinkler systems in buildings and venues of all size:
- Small data centers, defined as those that are smaller than 2,500 square feet, are required to have the Early Warning Fire Detection system.
- The Orlando Fire Department responded to 49,308 calls in 2013. Of these incidents, 902 were related to fires.
- Averages indicate that 44% of dry or possibly wet chemical system failures were caused by maintenance that was lacking.
- Year totals for motel and hotel fires reach an estimated 15 deaths and 150 injuries.
- Substantially declining over the past 30 years, fires in warehouse properties have decreased from 4,700 in the year 1980 to 1,200 in the year 2011.
- A major advantage to the improvements in the latest fire protection systems and upgrades is that warehouse property fires have declined substantially during the past 30 years. In fact, the number has dropped to 1,200 in 2011, after being at 4,700 in 1980.
- Fire protection companies will often to come to your place of business and provide both inspection services, while at the same time giving a bid on a service upgrade.
- Estimates indicate that In commercial areas with large oven ranges, non-chemical suppression systems effectively operate effectively 96% of the time.